As has been pretty darn obvious, I have been away from the blog for a few months. Life just got crazy and I had to make decisions on how to spend my waking hours. Blogging was put on the back burner, and I'm ok with that.
When I made that decision, I vowed to post some pictures near the end of the year to share some of my projects. I guess I can't get any nearer to the end of the year than this, can I?. hahaha
So here it goes... lots of pictures and some explanations and in no particular order. There were other projects, but I chose a handful to share. Here's to hoping 2022 is more blogger friendly for me. :-)
Isn't this beautiful?
These sets are just one side of a pattern I recently tested for Myra of Busy Hands Quilts. Let me introduce you to Belle!
This next picture really does not do the quilt justice; and for some reason, I didn't take any other pictures of it. Shoot! I'll share one of Myra's pictures so you can see it in all it's glory.
Like many of you, I have projects that have been set aside for a variety of reasons. This next quilt was one of them. I know why it was set aside many years ago, but I could never bring myself around to finishing it. It was one of my first quilts started and while I had big plans for it, I just fell out of love with the fabrics. Every time I pulled it out to work on, it would end up back in the bag and set aside for another day.
Fast forward to this past October when I pulled out the bag (again!) and told myself that I either had to finish the project, give it away as is, or throw it away. Well throwing it away was not really an option and I wasn't sure that I wanted to hand this off to someone else to fix my mess. As you can see from the next couple of pictures, I think my fabric choices were questionable (quality as well as colors) and I really didn't pay attention to the "rules" of quilting. I guess 1/4" seams, proper pressing, and lining up fabric correctly were just suggestion that I chose to ignore. :-)
I designed and made the Amish Shop Hop quilt and like the results. As with so many other things, the fabric was delayed in arriving so the quilt had to be made in a very short period of time. I was very happy that the layout and construction was quite simple this year. The quilt is 91" x 91" and I love the scallop border. I used the Krista Moser scallop tool, which made it simple to do.