I've been working on a couple of secret sewing projects and it's Reveal Day for one of them. I've shared some sneak peaks on social media over the last couple of weeks, but in case you missed them I'll share them here too.
Since I wasn't sure what I'd be getting, I'd only given a little thought as to what I was going to make. The plan was for me to add some of my own scraps and create a quilt. After seeing the scraps, I came up with a plan and decided to add one constant fabric, a very light green.
I then went to my "Small Scrap Bin" and pulled a variety of fabric and started cutting 1.5" x approx. 5.5" pieces. I stacked the cut pieces on one side of my pressing table so I could see if/when I needed to add a new color. This is a very mixed group of fabrics, but it's exactly what I wanted.
I have to laugh at the comments I received when I shared this picture on social media. Yes, it really is a jumbled mess of fabric and could actually have turned into a hot mess, but I was sure it would work. I got busy sewing and paid no real attention to which strips I pulled. They just had to contrast with the strips near it.
I completely forgot to take pictures of the small block units to show here, so I will just share the completed quilt now. I don't think this picture does it justice, but I think you get the idea.
I am very happy with the results!
I tried to take pictures outside because the lighting is so much better, but the wind and cold temperatures didn't want to cooperate, as you can see in the picture below.
Here are a few close ups of the quilt.
Speaking of pillows, I made a few extra blocks (on purpose because I wanted to have options while laying out the blocks), so I made two 18" pillows to go with the quilt.