Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Catch Up Day - Sort of...

It's Tuesday, the day I try to get caught up with things (housework, quilting, etc.), but I haven't been too successful today. I started by trying to clean up some of the junk I've saved on my computer, thinking it would help it run faster and allow me to wait a little longer before I have to upgrade. I'll tell you what, I have duplicate files (just named them differently), duplicate pictures (saved in two or more separate files - why, I don't know) and lots of stuff that I can't for the life of me remember why it was important enough to keep in the first place.

Anyway, I was moving along pretty well until I got to the pictures of Quinn. I had taken some pictures this past weekend while they were here but I hadn't really looked a them. They are pretty cute. The weather was beautiful and we spent quite a bit of time outside. Quinn loved her lawn mower and swing!


Of course it was sunny outside, so she had to have shades! What 13 month-old doesn't like sunglasses?

I did do some sewing this weekend. In my previous post, I told you that my friend Rachel digitized some letters for me. Of course, I finished all five blankets and forgot to take a picture before I took them to the lady who wanted them. DUH!!!!

I also started AND finished a quilt top called Fiesta. The pattern is by Michele Scott and I found it in the July, 2008 issue of McCall's Quick Quilts. Of course I changed the construction technique because I didn't read the instructions correctly and I made a cutting mistake. Also I changed the pattern so that the quilt would be 72" x 72" rather then the original 59" x 71". I didn't really want it to be square, but I did want the design to be symetrical, which is wasn't orignally. I was going to make it bigger, but since I was using stash and I didn't have enough of a couple of the fabrics I decided square was better than buying more! I am in the process of layering the quilt, so I don't have a picture right now. I PROMISE to post one as soon as the quilting is done.
Maybe I'll get more done next Tuesday.............

No comments: