Monday, September 7, 2009

Something is Finally Done!

Well, I know it's been over a month but I haven't been doing much quilt-related stuff and I didn't want to post anything without a quilt project! Below is the completed raffle quilt top for my sister Paula's school. The proceeds from this quilt will benefit my Breast Cancer 3-Day fund. I decided last year that since so many students bought tickets they needed their own quilt. I sure hope that winner likes it. I know I really do!
Ok, what have I been doing if not quilting? Besides fighting the desire to sleep so much (medicine-related) I've been working quite a bit (I'm still working in all three clubs), trying to train for the walk in Dallas, freezing and canning (corn, beets, salsa, etc.) and filling embroidery orders as they come up. I have been piecing a little bit, but not as much as I would like. Hopefully, finishing this quilt will get me going strong again and I'll soon be posting LOTS of finished projects.

Nikki, Zach and Quinn arrived Saturday evening and as usual, it has been wonderful having them here. I am always amazed at how much Quinn changes from visit to visit. Here she is picking out a book to read. She does love her books!
Nikki's aunt gave her a potty chair for Quinn and it looks like there won't be any problems getting her to sit on it - as long as she has a book! I'm not sure when Nikki plans on starting to train Quinn, but since she's 17 months old, I'm guessing it won't be too long. I'm glad it's her and not me! Actually, I think Quinn is just thrilled to have a chair that's her size, and the fact that she can sit on hit with a bare butt just make it great!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG Joanne! What is Nikki doing to that child - she has gotten so big + tall! I can only imagine your astonishment when you saw her!