Monday, January 24, 2011

Stash Report - Week 4

Better late than never, right? This has been a very busy weekend and the week was much more productive than the previous week, since I'm feeling much better. I'm almost completely done quilting the Scrappy Hearts quilt. I just have to quilt the outside border and bind it.

I finished my homework for the Glacier Star Quilt and am really looking forward to the next class.

I've decided that since it appears that there is no more of the Hoffman Bit-o-Luck fabric out there, I will simply leave this Shamrock/Irish quilt as it. Well, maybe. We had a discussion today about possible borders. One suggestion is to add a small grey border and then bind in the green mottled fabric. Another suggestion was to just add a black binding and be done with it. Since this has been made totally from stash, I will see what I have and go from there. I'd really like to get this quilted and bound before I go away on Friday.

I was playing around with some batiks and threw together a 4-Patch Heart wall hanging. Like the Shamrock/Irish quilt, I have to decide what I want to do for a border. I'll post pictures on Design Wall Monday and take any suggestions!

Anyway, as I said, this past weekend was pretty busy. I had a house full of people and it was wonderful. Saturday night was especially fun because Jerry and David were visiting, my friend Kare came over to knit with them, I was sewing, and Jack was on the radio. We had a wonderful time, and maybe just a little bit of ice cream. :-)

Here's this week's report:

Fabric Used : 6.375 yards

Fabric Used to Date: 22.00yards

Fabric Added This Week: 0.00 yards

Fabric Added to Date: 8.00 yards

Net Fabric Used for 2011: 14.00 yards

UFOs Done, Done, Done (Pieced, Quilted, and Bound): 2

UFOs Still to Do: I don't even want to go there!

Check out how other quilters are using their stash by going to Judy L.'s Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Tamera said...

Two UFOs done! That's great!