Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm Baaaaack

It's amazing how time can just get away from me. I've been really busy and when I've had to make decisions of what to do, blogging has taken a back seat. It doesn't mean that I haven't thought about it though. I had every intention of doing stash reports and Design Wall Monday posts, but it just didn't happen. Well, I'm here now so I'll give a quick update on my adventures.

Nikki, Zach, Quinn and Sadie were here this past week. They came to town Tuesday and were here through the weekend. It was wonderful to have them here and I can't believe how much the girls have grown. Sadie is walking (and getting into lots of things) and Quinn is speaking so clearly and it's really fun to have long conversations with her. I didn't get much in the way of picture, but I will the next time they're here. 

I've been sewing!  :-)  Actually, I've been finishing up things. YEAH!!!

Here's a completed UFO. This is a Thimbleberries pattern, but I can't remember which one right now. (I've got to figure that out so I can label this properly.) Lynn started this a number of years ago and then it got set aside. Well I finished the top earlier this year and just now got it quilted and bound. It's going to the DONE, DONE, and DONE List (Pieced, Quilted and Bound). WooHoo!!!!


Here's another UFO that is DONE, DONE, and DONE. This is a 10-Minute Block quilt that has the prettiest colors in it, even though the picture doesn't do it justice. I really like brown and teal together! This isn't nearly as old as the quilt above because I started it last year, but it was a UFO that has found it's way to the other side of the quilt pile.


I have another UFO (my oldest one actually), that is DONE and DONE but still needs binding. I made the binding tonight and will put it on in the next couple of days. I'll post a picture when it's done. All three of these quilts are a bit big but not huge. The two above are 80" x 92" and 80" x 94". The third one is a bit bigger at 98" x 98".

Speaking of large quilts, I really liked the quilt that I raffled off this year so I'm making another one. This one will be for me! Here's the progress so far. I still need to add the pieced border and I think I will make the side pieced borders larger this time so it hangs down more on the bed. If I make the change, it should measure about 95" x 105".


I decided to make a smaller version of this quilt also, but in a more controlled fashion. Do you remember the Honor Flight quilt using this pattern? (It's the eighth one down from the top of the pictures if you follow the link.) Well, I decided to make a Christmas throw, but add the pieced border. I like how it turned out. This is a new quilt that is DONE, DONE, and DONE. (Amazingly enough, I started this quilt on Monday and finished it Tuesday. I guess I was excited to get it done.)


And just to show you that I've done other things besides quilt, here is the latest batch of pickles we put up. I love home-made pickles!


I'm really excited that things are getting done and sure hope it continues for quite a while!

No comments: