Monday, March 17, 2014

Design Wall Monday


I've really been trying to use up some of my stash, especially some of the pre-cuts I've acquired over the years. Here's something I started last night and am really happy at how quickly it's going together.



I had a couple of Little Black Dress charm pack by Basic Grey for Moda and decided that I needed to use them. I found some background fabrics that matched up pretty well together and went with the charm packs so I was set. 

This is nothing more than a disappearing nine patch, set on point. (Come back tomorrow to see Tip Tuesday! when I present Math for Quilters, Part 2. I'll give you the formulas for figuring out how to cut the side triangles and corner triangles. It is soooo easy!)

Anyway, I'm really happy how this is looking.

So, what's on your design wall today? 

Please share with the rest of blogland. 

Have nothing on the wall and need inspiration?

Go to Judy L.'s Patchwork Times

4 comments:

Harriett said...

Love Basic Grey. I like this set on point and I'll be back tomorrow for the math lesson, cause I really need it. Maybe I'll be brave enough to do my disp 4 patch on point too.

Needled Mom said...

That looks wonderful.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just love Little Black Dress - this is looking stunning already.

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

It is amazing how different DP9 can look depending on how it is laid out. I love yours!!