Tuesday, July 18, 2017

My Happy Place and Bog Hop Day 5

It's Day FIVE of the 
12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop
Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

I am getting so many ideas for Christmas projects, that it's a good thing this hop is taking place in July. I might actually get some of them done in time for the December Christmas.  

Thanks go out to Sarah - Confessions of a Fabric Addict - who has organized this hop. She's keeping everything running smoothly and enticing us with "Christmas Goodies" each day too.

Be sure to leave a comment on each blog you visit because there are some amazing prizes to win. 

On top of everything else, Sarah is offering a quilt along. She posts steps each day and by the end of the hop, you'll have completed the top that measures 60" x 60". WooHoo!

I decided to use patriotic fabrics instead of Christmas fabrics. (That decision was made because I had a really big stack of those fabrics out and it just seemed easier to pull some from that, instead of putting them away.) I have all my panels sewn and here's how they look. I think I'm going to like this!


Here are today's Christmas in July Blog Hop participants:

Tuesday, July 18th

Click HERE for the entire list of participants. 

*******************************

I'm excited to be working with a wonderful Studio E collection - My Happy Place. 

I'm loving this fabric and spent some time today fussy cutting a bunch of small squares.



I cut some others and even made a few half square triangles using some Peppered Cottons. I got so excited to play that before I had everything cut, I started to put a block together. This is going to look even better when I have all the fabric cut.  😊


Stay tuned for more pictures. Even though I'm not going to be home until quite late, tomorrow should see a few more blocks made. 

3 comments:

Patricia said...

I like the low volume heart, thanks.
patsystitch@gvtc.com

Barb said...

I like your patriotic fabrics for the "Trip" quilt--also the heart is very nice!
barbkaup(at)(yahoo)(dot)(com)

barbcatw said...

I like the patriotic fabrics also, especially since I do Quilts of Valor. creations4u7@aol.com