Monday, September 25, 2017

Design Wall Monday

I spent some time yesterday working on the BQ Goes Mini table runner and placemats and I'm loving how the fabrics are working together. Check out yesterday's post to read about the P & B Textile fabrics (Norman Wyatt's Earthtones 2 and Bear Essentials) I'm using. 



The pattern is pretty straight forward and since I had decided that I was making all four placemats and the small table runner, I knew exactly how many blocks I needed so I chain pieced everything. This went pretty darn fast!



The sub-cutting was fast, but the pieces are all pretty darn small.


Once I had all the small pieces, it was time to construct the blocks. Easy Peasy!



Sewing the final seam for the blocks. Woo Hoo!


All the blocks are sewn!


The pattern provided a variety of layout options for the placemats. I knew I wanted to make one of each layout, so I just followed the pattern and laid them all out and started sewing away.



Oops! I got so excited that I forgot to take pictures of the last two layouts before sewing them!

Here's all four placemats sewn together. I like the variety, but think the top left layout is my favorite. 


I've got the table runner laid out and ready to sew.


I had to stop sewing and could not finish this yesterday. I'll get back to it this afternoon and then I'll be ready to choose my backing and get these babies quilted. Yay!

What are you working on today?

For some quilting eye candy, check out


and


1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

THose are so cool! I love all your layout options!!