Monday, January 1, 2018

Design Wall Monday

Happy New Year !
May 2018 bring you love, peace, joy, prosperity, and lots of time to be creative.

I also hope that in 2018 you find yourself excited about things, just like Sadie did during her school Christmas concert. I want to find joy in the little things in life and rejoice about them. I want to rejoice whole-heartedly and not worry about what others will think of me. Be proud of yourself and your accomplishments!


***********************************
I almost forgot that today is Monday, which means I should be posting a Design Wall Monday post. (Gee, I didn't even drink last night, so I can't use that as an excuse.)

I do have something on the wall to share. The pattern is called Patty Cake Quilt by Eleanor Burns and I'm using a Sun Print 2017 Layer Cake by Alison Glass. For the grey background squares, I'm using Aged to Perfection - Vintage Tiles by Maywood Studio. 


I saw a smaller version of this made by a friend and fellow guild member Judy and; and I loved it. I knew right then and there that I was going to make one. Here's Judy's quilt. (Sorry for the bad picture.) Can you see why I fell in love with it? I love her fabric choices.


I decided that I wanted to use stash for my quilt and since I had the Layer Cake and enough background fabric, I was all set. The pattern offers instructions for four different sizes, but of course I wanted a different size. I'm maing mine in a 7 x 9 layout and I'm not sure if I'll add more than the first border, which will be a the grey background fabric. (Judy's quilt does not have borders.) 

I'm working on a pattern testing for Rachel Rossi and here's the fabric I'm using. I can't show you much yet, but I promise that I'll be able to do so soon.


The fabrics on the left side are from All a Twitter by Hoffman Fabrics.  Those eight fabrics are actually fat quarters that are all together in a continuous panel. I love that idea! I chose the carnation version, but there is a teal version called Sprout. Even though I wasn't planning to do so, I purchased all of may fabrics for this at M&E Quilt Shoppe. I went to the shop to look for the wavy lines fabric or something similar and fell in love with this combination. They have both of the colorways for the fat quarter panels, as well as other fabrics from the line.



What are you working on today! 

Check out the quilting eye candy at


and


1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A super beginning to a great quilt with some fun fabrics. Look forward to seeing what you are testing.