Friday, October 22, 2021

Skyline Divide - A Quick and Easy Quilt

I enjoy testing patterns and making samples, and this quilt was no different. I have been testing patterns and making samples for Myra at Busy Hands Quilts for over a year now and I always enjoy working with her. This quilt is a quick and easy pattern; and as usual, Myra sent the fabrics for me to use and I enjoyed working with them. As a matter of fact, I used the same fabrics for a couple of other quilts that I will be able to share soon, so be on the lookout for those.

Say hello to Skyline Divide. Myra wanted a new look to this pattern, so she sent me some wonderful fabrics to use. I love how it looks! This is Myra's image of the quilt and it is soooo much better than the ones I took. (I'll reluctantly share my pictures at the end of this post.)


I love how she makes these quilts come alive with her quilting! 


The Skyline Divide pattern includes 5 size options - Baby, Throw, Twin, Queen, and King. I made the Throw version and it measures 50" x 70". Besides all these sizes, there are two piecing options to the pattern as well - planned and scrappy. The planned version uses yardage and the scrappy version uses 2 1/2" strips, fat quarters, or yardage. As you can tell, I made the scrappy version; and I used 2 1/2" strips.  

This really was a fast and easy quilt! If you are planning to make quilts for Christmas and feel like you might run out of time, this would be a great pattern option. Just look at how this looks different, based on your fabric choices.



Below are pictures of the quilt I made. The first one is in progress and I took it so I could use it as a guide while assembling the columns. 


Below is the completed top. As I said before, Myra certainly does make these quilts come alive with her quilting.  


I am considering the idea of making this pattern using a more controlled color palette. I saw a quilt that Myra posted on her blog a while back that was made by one of her customers. It was made using five fabrics, ranging from white, to gray, to black. She added a yellow border, which really makes the quilt amazing. Check out the picture HERE

Stay tuned for more of the quilt tops I've recently made for Myra. In the meantime, be sure to visit her website - Busy Hands Quilts. You just might find the pattern for your next quilt! 

2 comments:

Mullet Hair women said...

Thanks for share
Mullet Hair Women

Anonymous said...

So after reading your article, I’m going to invest some time in a blog post commenting.
M&P Tracking