Wednesday, February 28, 2024

New Technique!

I've been busy trying to work on and finish projects. Most of the project are "work" projects that have deadlines, while a few are projects that I've started and put aside because I needed to "work." I'm trying to make a concerted effort to sew more for me - just because I want to. It isn't easy, but I'm trying.  

This little wall hanging is one that I made, just because I wanted to make it. 


This is small, only measuring 17" x 20" and the construction was very simple and quick. I grabbed my scrap tub and pulled out fabrics from the Together We Sew Along project that I hosted for a Facebook Group to which I belong. The two background (light fabrics) and seven of the pink strips were from the Sincerely Yours fabric collection by Sherri & Chelsi. 

The remainder of the fabrics, including the backing were pulled from the scrap bin; and as I'm sure you can imagine, this small project did NOTHING to help reduce the amount of fabric in that tub.  LOL

I wanted to try to face this quilt instead of adding a binding. I've done that before and haven't been totally satisfied with my results or the process. I read a few tutorials and then combined what I read. I then did what made sense for me. 

I am very happy with the results! As you can see from the picture below, the facing fabric does not show on the front and the edge is smooth and straight. I will definitely do this again. I see some art type quilts in my future and already know that I want to face them instead of bind them.


Have you learned or tried any new techniques lately? 
 

1 comment:

Expekt said...

I appreciate the effort you put into creating content that resonates with a diverse audience.