Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Sewing Again...

I finally did some sewing over the last few days, and it felt really good. 

I can't remember a time when I have gone this long without sewing, but I'm sure it has happened before. It had been quite some time since I sat at the sewing machine and did anything other than a quick mending job. I seriously think that I've done very little, if any since the end of July or beginning of August. I just wasn't feel "it," and there always seemed to be something else that needed my attention right away. 

I didn't abandon quilting/sewing all together. I was sketching projects in EQ, writing a few patterns, teaching some classes, and even pulling some fabrics. I just couldn't force myself to sit at the machine and sew. I think the fact that my sewing area is a mess and I've spent a lot of time running around for appointments and meetings had a lot to do with my "break." 

I didn't clean my sewing area, but I did take a look at some of those fabrics I pulled and cleaned up enough that I could do some sewing. I won't lie...it felt good to sew and I think I might even take a day and clean up my space so I can get some real work done. LOL

I didn't take pictures of most of what I've sewn, but I did take a picture of the plaid bias binding I'm attaching to the table runner I made today. Oh how I enjoy binding! 


I'll be back with more soon... 😊

No comments: