Friday, July 4, 2008

Back from Vacation









We're back from a wet, but wonderful vacation! Even though it rained almost every day we were away, we were still able to get a lot of walking, fishing, and basic relaxing accomplished. I've included some pictures of the house we rent for the annual event that always proves to be inspiring, fun and enjoyable. This year the men and children were invited to join us from Sunday through Thursday morning. From noon on Thursday until Sunday, it is "Sister's Weekend" also known as the "Estrogen Weekend."

The screened-in porch was a common meeting place for most of us during the week. There is a table with four chairs, a swing, and four additional chairs so plenty of people can sit and talk in the gentle breeze. (Really, we stayed there most of the time because that was where the cooler was located with the drinks!) There was a nice view of the grounds from the porch as well as the lake. Speaking of view, the deck was another wonderful place to enjoy the view. It extends the entire length of the house and can be accessed from the porch, the living room and the back end of the house. Many of us spent lots of time there as well.
















I was able to get some of the quilting done that I wanted to. I got all of the T-shirts cut out and ready for sewing and I got a good start on my Rail Fence and Stars quilt. I finished the T-shirt quilt after we got home and it was delivered on Wednesday evening. I'll post pictures of those later. I started on another memory quilt today and I got most of the clothing cut apart and ready to sub-cut.

Now that we are home, I'm trying to catch up on things and I can hardly believe that it is the 4th already. We've done nothing special today and that is fine with me. Actually, I did nothing special. Jack went sailing with a friend of his and he really enjoyd it. It has been over 20 years since he's sailed, but he felt right at home. I know I'll be joining them on a trip soon!

I have a 14 mile training walk scheduled tomorrow morning, so I have to get some of the paperwork ready for that. I'll post again later tonight or tomorrow after the walk.

No comments: