Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More Retreat Info

As I told you in my last post, I spent the past weekend at our annual guild retreat. This isn't an overnight retreat, but we do sew all day Saturday and until around 3-4 on Sunday. Many of the participants work on a mystery project, while others work on a project (or two) that they bring from home. I love to see what other quilters are working on and it never ceases to amaze me at how talented (and prolific) my fellow guild members are. I can't wait to see some of the finished projects! I missed it when the members showed off the challenge projects from last year. (I had to go home to meet my daughter's boyfriend for the first time!) Hopefully someone took pictures.

Along with the sewing and fellowship, there are lots of gifts given and prizes awarded. I was lucky this year and my name was drawn first. I won the table below and I love it!



Speaking of the guild retreat quilt, I had an opportunity to work on a few more blocks today and only have five more to make. I guess that once the blocks are done I'll try different layouts and make my decision. Thanks for all the suggestions - even though I originally only had two choices and now I have four! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: