Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Weekend Visit with Ann's Family

I spent Sunday with my sister Ann and her family. Ann had a DOUBLE knee replacement June 24th and she is recuperating beautifully. She returned home only nine days after surgery and I wanted to offer some help so on Sunday I drove to her place near Akron and spent the day.

Claire (their almost 11 year old daughter) and I fixed dinner, put together a couple of meals for the freezer, did a few household chores, and baked a cake to celebrate Ann and Tony's anniversary and celebrate Scout's (the dog) birthday. Claire decorated the cake below incorporating LOTS of components that both of her parents love, including chocolate for her dad and strawberries for her mom.



Not only was it fun watching her decorate it, it tasted great!

No comments: