Friday, October 8, 2010

Sneak Preview of Another Finish

I finished the guild retreat quilt binding a little bit ago and I'm still loving the striped border that I mitered. Here's a sneak preview of what it looks like.



The reason you only get a sneak preview is because Jack and I are the only ones here and this quilt is too big (about 100" x 120") for one person to hold it while the other takes a picture. I don't have a good place to put it and get a good shot. I've tried laying it on the bed, but you lose the design. I've tried draping it over my cutting/pressing station, but I can't back up far enough to get the whole thing in the frame; so since I'm planning on showing this during our guild show and tell, maybe I can talk a couple of people into holding it for me while I take a picture.

Here's another reason that it's not always "happy time" when your kids leave home! Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of reasons why its good when they leave home. I'm just saying....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Two posts in one day - that's not right! Love the mitered border, it's awesome.