Sunday, October 3, 2010

Stash Report - Week 40

The report isn't too bad this week. I brought nothing in, but I did use a bit. I've completed blocks 19-22 of my hexagon monster quilt. Yeah!! I have about 40 to go - I'm not exactly sure because I haven't made the final decision on how I'm going to lay this out, or exactly how big it will be. I hope to make it king-size, but I might get tired of piecing blocks and only make it queen. I don't want it smaller than that.

I'm also working on some flags/banners for my nephews school and that has used up a bit of stash. I'm getting close to using up all of the black and gold that I have on hand so I'll probably have to buy more soon. Hopefully I'll be able to use it right away and stay over the 100 yard net used mark! For a while there I thought I was on the way to a net used of 150 yards by the end of the year but I'm not so sure now. I have embroidery, memory and T-shirt quilts that I have to get done for Christmas orders and the only stash I might use on those would be for backing, but I'm not even sure about that. Oh well, I'll be thrilled to stay at or over 100 yards. There's always next year, right?

Anyway, here's the report:

Fabric Used This Week: 5.875 yards

Fabric Used to Date: 221.750 yards

Fabric Added This Week: 0.00 yards

Fabric Added to Date: 119.75 yards

Net Fabric Used for 2010: 102.00 yards

Check out the stash reports of other quilters at Judy L.'s Patchwork Times blog.

3 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Awesome! Over 100 yards used! keep up the great work~good job on shopping the stash first then shopping the stores for the fabric you need! :)

Barb in Mi said...

Looks like a great stash busting week to me! Happy sewing!

Charlene S said...

Any one who stays in the black is a hero in my book. Be happy!