Sunday, December 26, 2010

Stash Report - Weeks 51 and 52

The final stash report for the year! It's hard to believe that I reported the whole year - well, almost reported the whole year. I did have a few times when I posted 3 or 4 weeks at a time, but I did finish the year and I'm proud of myself for that.

With the holidays coming in what seemed to be record speed this year, I had to make some adjustments to what I planned to make for Christmas gifts. I guess that I always knew that I wouldn't get them done because I had bought each of those recipients gifts a while ago - just in case. Now, was it a matter of being prepared "just in case", or did I not complete the gifts because I had a "fall back" gift? I don't know and I really don't care. I'm just glad I wasn't out shopping on December 24th trying to find just the right gift because I hadn't planned ahead. Hey, maybe those gifts will be done in time for 2011! Even better, maybe I'll be able to list them on my stash report next year. :-) I have a pretty good head start of some of the projects and the fabric hasn't been accounted for yet because they're leader/ender projects and I don't usually count them until the blocks are well on their way to being sewn into a top.

Here's the report for weeks 51 and 52:
Fabric Used : 4.00 yards

Fabric Used to Date: 267.625yards

Fabric Added This Week: 0.00 yards

Fabric Added to Date: 147.75 yards

Net Fabric Used for 2010: 119.875 yards

So close to 120 yards net used! Maybe next year! :-)

I'll be joining Judy and the group again next year and have really enjoyed reading the many weekly posts. I'm planning to participate in the Design Wall Monday and UFO Challenge as well, but I have yet to get all of the UFOs numbered and pictured yet. I'm hoping to get to that in just a little bit.

Anyway, our Christmas was wonderful this year. We did veer from our regular tradition a bit, but it was still fun. Nikki, Lynn, Zach, Ty, Quinn, Sadie, Jack and I shared a wonderful Christmas Eve luncheon after opening our gifts, and before they all had to go off to other family gatherings. Jack and I went to Sheryll's house for the first annual Christmas Eve Bonfire. We had a great time and the weather was very cooperative. Driving home was easy and it was wonderful to arrive home just shy of Christmas morning. Pictures and more to follow....

Check out the stash reports of other quilters at Judy L.'s Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

SpinningStar said...

Great jon and here's to a successful 2011 in stashbusting and UFO busting!

Liz

Kate said...

Almost 120 yards out is pretty terrific! Congratulations!