Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stash Report - Week 28

You know that sometimes life and it's responsibilities just get in the way of what you really want to do. People get sick and you have to take care of them; you have meetings to attend; or you have to get that project done that has a deadline. Even though you'd rather be sewing, gardening, reading, or whatever, you just have to set your priorities and do what needs to be done. I don't know about you, but sometimes I really don't like being a responsible adult. I really don't like to have to concentrate so much.

There's so much pressure you just want to throw your hands in the air and say "No more!"
This past week was full of responsibilities, and I had to "play" adult, so not as much sewing went on I'd have liked. I did finish my Fast Forward top and one more Honor Flight quilt top so it wasn't a total "do nothing" week. I changed the Fast Forward pattern a little bit. I had one less block per column and I added borders to the top and bottom. I'm really okay with how this turned out, even though I had so many issues last week. You really don't see the cut off points, do you?
 Tomorrow starts another busy week, so today I'm going to do a couple of relaxing things. I'd like to quilt a couple of small projects and maybe even get the binding sewn on. Who knows, I may just sit back, kick my feet up and do nothing.
 
Thanks Quinn and Sadie for being here this past week and providing some much needed laughter, entertainment and photo ops. (By the way, they were NOT part of the responsibility blahs.)

Here's the Report:
Fabric Added This Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added to Date: 117.75 yards
Fabric Used This Week: 7.75yards
Fabric Used to Date: 230.125 yards
Net Fabric Used for 2011: 112.375 yards
UFOs Done, Done, Done (Pieced, Quilted, and Bound): 7
UFOs Still to Do: ???
New Quilts Done, Done, Done (Pieced, Quilted, and Bound): 12
Quilts Ready to be Quilted and Bound: 21

Check out how other quilters are doing with their stash usage. Go to Judy L.'s Patchwork Times. 

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I agree! I love days where I don't have to be the responsible one, unfortunetly they don't come often enough do they?

Cute little kiddos!!