Monday, December 10, 2012

Design Wall Moday

It sure feels like it's been a long time since I posted a Design Wall Monday project!

Shocking as it may seem, I have more than one project in the works right not. The first one, and the one that is actually up on the wall as I type this, is not for public consumption yet. Actually, it's a gift for someone who reads my blog and I really don't want to let them see it. I promise to show it soon.

Here's one of the other quilts on which I am currently working. If you're a long-time reader of my blog, this will look familiar to you.

 
I started hand piecing all of these blocks a couple of years ago and diligently worked on them for quite a while. I planned to make a king-sized quilt and had completed 45 blocks. Unfortunately other projects caught my attention and this project was pushed to the back burner. In the past year, I have worked on this off and on, but more off than on.  :-(  I now have 55 blocks completed and have decided to start putting them together and make more as needed. I'm not married to the idea of making this a kinq-size quilt any longer and will probably be happy with whatever size it ends up being when these blocks are done.
 
Although I'm excited to be working on this again, I do have a pretty big regret about this quilt. Mom had watched me work on these blocks and often asked about them. As a matter of fact, she asked me about them when she was here for Lynn's wedding in October. I showed her a couple of the latest blocks and decided right then and there to get busy. Well, with Mom's recent death (Dec. 1st), I feel sad for not having finished this quilt so she could see it. Her death has made me determined that this WILL be finished and it will be used!
 
To check out what other quilters have on their design walls today, go to Judy L's

2 comments:

Lori said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Hexies are a long term project and that's she's watching your work on them. I made a hexie Christmas quilt--I blogged and put a picture here--

http://dakotacityquilter.blogspot.com/2011/12/monday-goals_19.html

evelyn said...

I am so sorry to hear of your mothers passing. I just read your last blog post, and the poem your friend sent is beautiful. I lost my mom almost 4 years ago. Know that she will always be with you.