Thursday, August 15, 2013

Break Time is Over!

Well, I've missed you all while I was taking my little blogging break, but I'm happy to say that I'm back and will be catching you up on lots of things that have been happening. Jack and I had done a little bit of travelling and then followed that up with lots of visitors and special events like an Old Bags' Day Sew-In, a coupe of baby showers and various classes and programs for which I needed to prepare and teach. It was wonderful traveling and having visitors , but my blogging and quilting time really suffered.

In my blogging absence, there were some surprises around here, like when the big storm hit and we lost a big chunk of one of the driveway trees.

 
And part of the big maple tree in the back yard,
 


But the real concern came when a large black walnut tree uprooted itself and landed on the back room - MY SEWING ROOM!!!

 
Do you see my panic concern? We were so fortunate that there was no damage to the inside of the house. Can you just imagine the damage if a big tree limb had broken off and come crashing down on the back room? That would have been ugly with all those windows!

 
 
Ouch!!!
 
 
A few days later, the tree guys came with big trucks and a crane and things looked a lot better.

 
 
In the whole scheme of things, we were very lucky. Sure, we lost some trees and were without power for 2 1/2 days, but there was no devastating damage. Besides, the logs that were left in the yard provided some entertainment while Nikki and family were here.
 
 
Of course all good outdoor play sessions should end up with everyone resting on a quilt, right?
 


 
Next up will be a review of the last Old Bags' Day Sew-In. I love spending time with these creative and talented people! I'll post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, scarey indeed. Happy to hear it was minimal damage - trees can be easily replaced.