Monday, September 15, 2014

Design Wall Monday

I decided that I want to make simple rag quilts for all of the young grandkids for Christmas this year, and the first one is done - almost.



As I was clipping this, I realized that I forgot to add the extra trim along the edges. I have it cut and ready to add; and since I had already started clipping, I decided to clip the entire inside and then go back and clip along the edges after I added the trim.

I have all the fabric for the other rag quilts and it is cut, along with the batting. I'm sewing these as leader and ender projects so it may seem like it's taking a long time to complete them, but it really isn't. 

That's what I love about leader and ender projects. Since I've been slowing sewing a seam or two while working on other projects, I've quilted a bunch of these squares and even put some rows together. When I decided to concentrate on the rag quilt, I just needed to complete two rows and then sew the rows together. Easy Peasy!

I love productivity!


What are you working on today? 
to see what other quilters have on their design walls.   

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I've never made a rag quilt - I can remember my mother making them and then my dad furious for her ruining the washer.

MalinisQuilts said...

This is such a sweet quilt! I love rag quilts!