Monday, November 3, 2014

Design Wall Monday

This is still on the wall, but with all the triangles laid out. I have also sewn bottom five rows together and am working on the sixth one. I just didn't get a picture of that. 


I like the looks of the, but seriously could have spent a lot more time playing around with the blocks. I was thinking of making this larger, since I have another jelly roll. I finally decided against it because I think I'm going to teach this as a class and the extra strips would be great to use for demonstrating the process. When the class is over, I'll make a small version of the quilt for a gift or donation quilt. I'm already playing around with quilting ideas. :-)

I don have one more thing to show. These 2 1/2" strips will be used in an upcoming quilt. I spent some time laying them out in the order that I want to use them. I have no idea when I'll be starting this quilt, but when I'm ready to work on it, the fabric will be ready and waiting. 


What on your design wall? 
Want to take a peek at the design walls of other quilters?


3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I thought your fabric stripes were laid out for a landscape quilt. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Ramona said...

Your quilt is so soothing... love the colors. And your strips look like they will make a fun quilt!

LA Paylor said...

The colors work beautifully together! Glowing and I love a hexie in any form. LeeAnna at not afraid of color