Monday, June 29, 2015

Design Wall Monday

I've been having a few technical problems lately when it comes to putting pictures on the blog, but I think/hope they have all been resolved. I quite honestly am not sure what I did to fix the problem because I tried a bunch of different things and it might have been a combination of things I pushed that fixed the problem. I don't really care what I did, I'm just happy it worked.  :-)

So, here's what on the wall right now. I'm playing with a Christmas Jelly Roll and some off-white yardage. I've pulled some of the strips to be used for binding, but all the others are being used in the blocks to make small, scrappy log cabin blocks. I've made 56 of the blocks and have started laying them out. I think I'm going to like this Of course I have a lot of rearranging to do, but that will come later.  


This is not on my wall, but on the wall of one of my sisters. She is new to the sewing/quilting world and is doing a wonderful job.


She swears she's not going to make quilts, but a couple of my other sisters used to say that too and they now proudly call themselves quilters. Table runners are really just a stepping stone to more serious quilts. TJ doesn't know that yet, and I'm not telling her.  :-)

Check out what other quilters have on their walls today.

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We haven't even seen Spring and now Summer is here - cold and wet to start out with. Yes, everyone is showing their Halloween and Christmas fabrics - I want some warmth first.