Monday, January 4, 2016

Design Wall Monday

It's a crappy picture, but this is what's on my wall today.


Sparkling Gemstones, Charity Quilt, Jelly Roll Quilt

This is an adaptation of the Sparkling Gemstones pattern and all of the fabric is from my stash, which makes me very happy. I know that the "background" fabric is a bit unconventional, but I wanted something different and this fit the bill. The picture really doesn't do it justice; I promise! 

I'm hoping to get this top completed by the end of this week because I know that I'll have very limited sewing/quilting time until the middle of March. I have accepted a long-term substitute teaching position that will keep me busy, plus I already have some quilting classes and workshops scheduled. (I know. I'm crazy.)

I finally finished a Turning Twenty quilt from a very long time ago but I don't have any pictures yet. The binding was hand-stitched Sunday and it was dark by the time I finished so decent pictures were just not going to happen. I'll try to get a picture in the next few days and post it. There's a story behind this quilt and I'll share it when I post the picture. Let's just say that I am extremely happy to have this done! It is long overdue.  :-)

What are you working on today?

Check out what others have on their design walls today.

Go to


and 

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think the background works really well with those scraps - and if it all came from stash, all the better. You are one busy gal!!

Ariane said...

This quilt will look great! Thanks for sharing!!

Bonnie said...

Great looking quilt. I like the "different" background fabric.

Nann said...

Unconventional, indeed, but it really sets off the patches. Thanks for reminding me about the pattern.