Friday, July 1, 2016

Some Sewing, Some Not

Here's the back to the Scrappy Strips that I showed on Monday. I used the extra blocks I made for the backing and I love it! 
 
 
I had a helper yesterday and she did a really good job keeping all of the blocks in order. It sure did speed up the process.  :-)
 
 
I had three young ladies with me yesterday as well and they sure did have fun playing on the roll of batting that I purposely did not put away because I knew they would love rolling around on this. I was not wrong. They played on this for nearly an hour the first time and probably another 20 minutes later.  
 
 
Ann bought some hula hoops and left them here because I only had two and there are six grandkids. They sure do have a blast with them, even Peyton who pretty much just kept walking through them. They always say, "Thanks Aunt Ann!" whenever they play with them.  

 
And then it was rest time...

 
I love this picture of Sadie and Avery. Avery, who is not even three yet, is almost as tall as Sadie who is five. They both have birthdays in August and just realized that yesterday. They had so much fun together.  

 
 
Not much sewing has been done the last few days, but that doesn't matter.
 
These days are so precious and I cherish them.
 
Be safe and have a wonderful July 4th!
 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a fun day with quilting even if the sewing machine didn't get a look at :) And the back looks great!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

My kitties love to roll on the batt roll, so why not kids? They are all so adorable - you will need a rest when they are gone, but what a grand tired.

Mary Huey said...

You are brave to give such free access to the batting roll!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh, I got tired just looking at the pictures that brought a smile to MY face!! You are so blessed and so are they.
xx, Carol