Monday, August 29, 2016

A Shelved Quilt Emerges

While still trying to organize the sewing room (in between "must do" projects) Saturday, I pulled out a bag that was nicely packed up and wondered to myself, "Mmmmmm, what's in here?"

Well this is what was inside...



This is Moccasin - a block of the month from Gen x Quilters.

I had started this and then for some reason, put it aside. When I opened the bag, all but the last month of blocks were made (the four blocks around the center Dresden Plate) and the setting squares, half square triangles, and rectangles. Good grief!

I started working on the missing blocks and then the storm hit and we lost power. I cut the pieces and crossed my fingers that we'd get power restored quickly. Of course I got busy with something else and when the power did return, I didn't get back to this.

Yesterday, I had a bunch of stuff to do in the morning and early afternoon, but I did finish the blocks and put this on the wall before another storm hit. I turned off the sewing machine when the power started flickering again.  We did lose power, but not for long. Unfortunately though, sewing was not going to happen because Jack and I had plans to go to the Firelands Symphony Orchestra Family Pops Concert last night. (The show was their annual summer affair, which is always a lot of fun and The Doo-Wah Riders - the guest group - was really quite good.)

So..... the plan is to get this sewn together by the end of the week.  (I have appointments today and I'm subbing Tuesday through Thursday.) I've already been thinking about the quilting for this and I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Check out what other quilters are working on today.


Go to Judy L's Patchwork Times

4 comments:

Mary Huey said...

That quilt is so eye-catching -- can't wait to see how you fill the open areas!

Suze said...

What a marvelous find! I can hardly wait for the grand finale! My hat is off to you for subbing. I had a teaching certificate eons ago and went into a different field. My daughter is a high school math teacher and loves it. I've thought about it and she tells me that I couldn't handle it now. I do have some health issues and also noise bothers me greatly. So, I'd like to find someone to tutor in Alg I - that's my real love.

I'll be looking for your finish. I've got back to sewing - whether it's quilts or clothes. My 3 year old granddaughter lives with me and her daddy. I asked her if she'd like me to make us matching dresses for church and her eyes told the whole story. I also need to make her a big girl quilt soon. Oh, how she has encouraged me to do more - for the better of all

AnnieO said...

Gorgeous, love the setting and your background colors.

Heide said...

What a great find! Such a pretty quilt, love the colors. Looking forward to seeing it all done.