Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Not So Wordy Wednesday

It's been a while since I posted and I don't have much time to write a long post today; so I decided to simply post some pictures of Hoop Quilts that I've made recently. I'll also add a few made by students in a class this past weekend.

Enjoy!

I made these for samples to hang at the Lake Farmpark Quilt Show to drum up students for the class. The show continues through March 11th, with the Vendor Days March 2, 3, and 4.  

I took some pictures at before sending them to Lake Farmpark, but I just could not get good pictures. It was rainy and I had to take them indoors.  




I tried taking the pictures with a piece of black fabric as the backdrop, but that didn't work great either. 


I have to admit that I enjoy seeing my projects hanging up for everyone to see. 


Here they are hanging outside the classroom. The purples in these first two projects just did not photograph well. Darn it!



I like this, even though I've been told that the center looks like a super hero logo. 


One of the best things about teaching classes is to see the variety of fabrics students choose. Here are a few from Sunday's class. 

I love these fabrics and know this is going to be spectacular when it's done. 


This is super bright and cheery and just makes me smile.


Once again, the purple background fabric did not photograph well, but this is just plain fun to me. I really like her HST layout choice.


This dark outer ring frames these HST perfectly. I really like this layout also. 


This directional outer ring fabric was a bit tricky to align properly, but it is going to look awesome when it's done. It'll have been so worth the extra time and effort it took to line up everything. 


I've got one more complete, but haven't gotten a picture yet. Because I used just two fabrics for the HST, it looks quite different and I like it!

1 comment:

Pamela Arbour said...

love all of your hoop quilts. I have only made two so far and they look kind of Christmassy so I need to make more. Thanks for the inspiration.