Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Backing Choice

The Aztec Diamond Runner top is complete and I think I want to do something quite different for the backing.


The picture does not do the batik justice, but the colors in it are a pretty good match to the solids of the runner. I'll leave this up for a day or so and then make my decision.

I kind of like the complete difference between the two fabrics. Plus, since I'm going to try some fun quilting, the backing fabric design and colors will hide quilting "mishaps" better than a solid. That's a really important thing for me. 

I'm thinking about binding this in the darkest purple solid. It looks great with both fabrics and I have plenty of it. Then again, my binding choices tend to change after the quilting is done so I don't really know why I'm thinking about it now. 😑

The Hexie Placemats tops are done and the binding is made, but I don't have a good picture to post. I'm going to get those ready for quilting tonight and since I'm not doing anything fancy, it shouldn't take long. I'll post pictures when they are done.

1 comment:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I think that having such a different backing will be fun and striking. I hope you have fun quilting it!