Monday, June 1, 2020

June Color Challenge


It's Color Challenge time again! 
This month's color is blue and the bird is a Bluebird, of course. 

For the pattern and block instructions, head on over to 


The picture above is of an Adult Male Eastern Bluebird. 
He is quite small, but has big eyes, and a plump chest. His wings are long, but his tail and legs are pretty short. Unlike many other birds we see around here, his beak is quite short and straight. 

The Bluebird has a beautiful sound - whether he is singing, calling, or just letting other Bluebirds know to stay away. Click HERE to have a listen. 

We are fortunate to have a large number of Bluebirds around our house. They like to perch on wires, posts, and low branches. We have a couple of nesting boxes set up here, and it's a pleasure to watch them. 


The deep blue feathers of this bird are most vivid in bright light, and they are absolutely beautiful next to the brick-red/brownish throat and breast. 

I've always liked the combination of blue and brown fabrics, but I never really knew why. While typing up this post, I think I've figured it out. lol 

On of my favorite quilts (Totally Decaffeinated) is one that I made using this color scheme. Gee, don't those colors look familiar? 

 

There are two blocks in this quilt and I love them both, mostly because of the colors. They are almost exactly like the Bluebird.  😊



I don't have a good picture of the quilt and it's raining right now (and for the foreseeable future), so I'll just have to post this one. 


Even though the blue that I used for this month's blocks is not like the blues I used in my quilt, as soon as I saw the fabric at Once Upon a Quilt, I knew that I wanted to use it. It reminds me of the feathers of a Bluebird in flight with the sunlight hitting it. (See the box picture above)


You can't see the white fabric, but it's the same that I've been using all along. Here are the fabrics, cut and ready to be sewn. 


I like these blocks!


There are other bloggers joining the Bluebird rage today. Grab a cup of coffee, tea, or drink of choice and check out their fabulous blocks. 


Be sure to go to Jen's Blog to get the instructions for this block, as well as information on how you can enter to win one of the awesome door prizes available. 

Quarter 2 Sponsors - April thru June

Quilters Chic - PDF Pattern
Said With Love - PDF Pattern


Quilter Dream Batting - Dream Poly 60" x 60"
Cherrywood Fabrics - Two $40 gift certificates
Warm Company -  100 Warm - 100% Natural Cotton 55" x 60"


Island Batik - Garden Party Fat Quarter Bundle
Patterns By Jen -  PDF pattern and Superior Thread S - Fine 50

2 comments:

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is pretty blue fabric! I like your two blocks with both black and white backgrounds!