Saturday, April 17, 2021

Catch Up Post

I've been a slacker when it comes to writing blog posts. It's always on my lists, but doesn't always make it to the top of the list.  I finally sat down at the computer and decided to write a few words and share a few pictures. 

Remember the black and red version of Mapleton Avenue that I shared last month? It has been gifted to Quinn and I even got a few pictures.  Yay!




I finished my two-color plus a background Atlantic Avenue quilt and LOVE it! Jack picked these colors and he is very pleased with results too.  


In case you can't see it in the picture above, I used the same black and white striped binding for this quilt. I think it is perfect for these quilts. I have at least one more project on which I plan to use it, so I guess it really was a good thing that I bought quite a large amount of it.  


I had some "sewing for others" to do and this big beauty is now complete. I did not get a picture of this after borders were added, as it was too big for my design wall. Plus, it was raining and pictures just weren't going to happen before it needed mailed. I'll share some of the pictures that I receive from the person who commissioned it. 




None of these pictures do the quilt justice. The fabrics are beautiful and it was a joy to make. After the borders were added, this beauty measured 93" x 107" The pattern is Sweet Caroline by Myra Barnes of Busy Hands Quilts.  

I have a couple of secret sewing projects on which I'm working and I'm enjoying them very much.  Here are the fabrics for one of the projects.  These just make me smile.  😊


I have a few other projects on which I've been working. I'll get some pictures of those to share too. That may happen this weekend, but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

1 comment:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Looks like you have been busy having fun! The black and white stripe works so well as a binding. Have a great week!