Monday, January 4, 2010

Design Wall Monday


I guess it's better to be late than never, right? I had to work today and didn't get home until late so here is what's on the design wall (or in my case, ironing table) today . This quilt is from a set of charm squares that I received in a swap A LONG TIME AGO (at least 6 or 7 years I think). Included in the package were some triangles that had been cut from the 5" squares. I had no idea what to do with these pieces of fabric so they just got put into a tub to "rest" until I gained a bit more confidence and just started sewing!

That moment of confidence occurred Dec. 31st when I played around and decided what to do. I started sewing that afternoon and by 6:00 I had the inside done. Of course I had no blue to match the fabrics in the body of the quilt so I went shopping Saturday and Sunday. As you can see, the red border is on and I have 2 more borders to add (a blue and a multi-colored). My goal is to get that done tomorrow so I can quilt this baby. Tomorrow I'll post pictures of the completed top as well as the quilt that I began Jan 1st and finished binding yesterday!

Be sure to see what others have on their design walls by going to Judy L.'s Patchwork Times. (See the link to her blog on my sidebar.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How different the looks in a photo! The design is really much more pronounced than when I saw it in person!