Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Did It!

I'm no longer a long-arm (actually a mid-arm) quilting machine virgin!!! I used one of my BFF's Handi Quilter 16 yesterday and finished quilting the blue quilt that was posted earlier this month. The binding is sewn on and ready to be hand-stitched down. I was going to do it last night but decided to wait and do it tonight while I relax after our volleyball game.

Here is Kare getting the machine ready for me. She sure is a trusting friend to let me take the controls here!



Here's the quilt in progress. This was a lot of fun and after I quit being worried that it wasn't going to look just right, it had a blast and the quilting went really fast. I simply did an allover meander.



I didn't get much done on the black and white Weaver Fever quilt. I got involved in some projects for work and then Lynn (my youngest daughter), invited me to dinner and how could I say no?

1 comment:

Judy D in WA said...

Hurray for good friends! Isn't it fun???