Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February UFO Pictures

I forgot to post the pictures of my February UFOs. DUHHHHH

Here is the first one that I finished for Patchwork Penguin's Challenge. (UFO #8) This had been put away with the interior of the quilt sewn together and simply needing borders added, and of course to be layered, quilted and bound. I finished this early in the month and I'm very happy with the end product.

Here's UFO #10 from Judy's Challenge.

This project was started by my daughter Lynn and when it was put into storage, all the blocks had been made and that was it. My goal for the month was to have the top ready for quilting. Because it's large, I decided I would not quilt this myself and I knew that Kare had customer quilts that needed done before I could get this on the frame. My goal is to have it quilted and bound in March. So, to make a LONG story short, I'm considering this to have met my February UFO goals. YEAH!

Do you notice in the picture above that the quilt is larger than my design wall? Well, I decided to give the wall some "wings" to make larger quilts fit it. Here's what I came up with.
Here's a close up of how I made my "wings." I just used hat pins to hold the insulation in place, and since this was just a quick fix, I didn't bother covering the insulation.
Of course Jack has a better (and more stable) idea and I'm looking forward to having strong "portable wings" for my wall soon.

Check out how other quilters did on their February UFOs for Judy's challenge, and Nancy's challenge.

3 comments:

JCnNC said...

Wonderful finish - isn't it wonderful to mark them off the list. Judy C

Carol said...

They're both so pretty -- how wonderful to get two done in a short month!

BetsyE said...

The pink is adorable! And the wings were so clever! Congrats on 2 finishes!