Saturday, July 4, 2015

Who Needs Electricity?

Happy July 4th!

Image result for fourth of july images

It's a laid back day today, but last night included a bit of drama turned fun. 
There was another storm (lots of rain, thunder and lightening) and we quickly learned that electricity really isn't needed to have fun. 

We used my small flip light and the computer for our light. We did use our phones some, but didn't want to drain the batteries.



It took a while, but I soon remembered to turn on my flash so I could get some shots in the dark.


We played cards and much to the chagrin of Ann and Claire, I won my second game of trash.


Still no power, so I suggested that Claire make shadow puppets and see if Ann and I could guess what she was making.






We didn't guess too many correctly, but we had fun.

And then Claire started having various animals try to open the door to where her dad was sleeping.





And when the door did not open, she started "knocking" on it. 




Like I said, who needs electricity to have fun? No sewing was done, but we had a blast. 

The electricity finally came back on at 3:47 am, but we were all fast asleep by that time.

Enjoy your 4th of July!

 

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you had fun! I hope all is back to normal today.

Mary Ann said...

How was that card game Trash played?