Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tip Tuesday! - Penny Pinching

"Tip Tuesday!" - Penny Pinching

I love learning new things and then sharing that knowledge with my quilting friends. So, every Tuesday I'll provide some tips, hints, tricks, tutorials, shortcuts, etc. that I've learned over the years and share them here on the blog. 

"Tip Tuesday" will be a collection of information about a wide variety of subjects garnered from a large variety of sources.  I am not an expert by any means and do not take credit for being the great wizard behind all of these hints and tips. I will gladly give due credit whenever possible.

These tips will be archived and accessible to you just by clicking on the "Tip Tuesday" tab above. 

Read, enjoy, and be inspired!
************************************************

We can all use a little bit of extra cash $$$ for our quilting addiction habit, right?

Wouldn't you love to get a head start on saving for that new sewing machine you want, or that awesome iron that makes you drool every time you see it? 

If so, why not join us for the 

Val's Quilting Studio

Val, over at Val's Quilting Studio recently introduced her third annual Piggy Bank Challenge and I decided to join the fun/savings this time around. Click HERE to read all about it.

Here's my "bank."


Can you guess how I want to use my savings?

Yep! I would love to go to Quilt Con.

 And so I won't be tempted to sneak a little cash out every once in a while, there's a note on the inside to keep my eye on the goal and fingers off the cash.


Even if I don't save enough to pay for my trip, it'll still be fun to have some "mad money" just waiting to be spent.

Last year, there was some SERIOUS money saved my many of the participants and I figure that if they could do it, so could I. 

So what do you say? 

Are you up for the challenge?

Sign up at on Val's blog HERE.

4 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Joanne, I love your little lunch box! And QuiltCon is such a fun goal to look forward to! I too was not only impressed but motivated by some of the savings of others!! I'm going to set the goal that for every yard of fabric I use from my stash, I"m putting a dollar in my piggy! That should help me reduce stash andddd save more! So glad you joined us! Looking forward to a fun year of penny pinching!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

PS: Thanks for adding the PIggy Bank Challenge button to your sidebar! Be fun to meet some of your followers as well. :)V

3Dogbones said...

I love the lunch box and the goal Joanne! I have been saving change for years. I never spend change, even if I have it in my pocket. I use it for vacation. Typically I have been able to save $500 or more each year. Since I have my annual trek to spend quality time with 6 of my favorite ladies, (you know who you are!), coming up soon I decided to expedite my savings. I have saved every $5 bill that has come into my hands in the last 6 weeks. I currently have $255 in "fun Money" to spend on my trip. I can't wait!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Mark your calendar for July 6th as that's when we count and link our savings! Anxious to see about Quilt Con???!!!