Sunday, September 23, 2018

Fall in Fabric

I had the bright idea to make some placemats using Fall colors. To be exact, I was going to duplicate the colors of candy corn. I was thrilled to have a few minutes to steal away in the sewing room, sew the strips together, and then cut the triangles. Everything was going so well that I figured there'd be a good chance that I could get a couple made before Monday and I would take them with me to Chestnut Ridge when I take my wallet class.

I was a happy girl until I went to the grocery store and bought some real candy corn. Do you see the error of my ways?


The yellow is at the bottom of the candy, not the orange!

I guess it was a good thing that I didn't sew this placemat together before I went to the store. 


I've made another strip set and cut some triangles. Oh it's so much better!


This placemat looks so much better.

 

I played around with the triangles and will decide later what combinations I want to sew. I also need to make anther strip set so I have enough triangles. 


I'm glad I bought the bag of candy before doing any more sewing. :-)

These are quick and easy placemats and I know the grand kids will enjoy them.



1 comment:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Without looking, I don't think I would have known what the color order for candy corn is, either!