Monday, April 6, 2020

Design Wall Monday

I decided to toss some of the leader/ender blocks that I've been making onto the design wall this morning. I just wanted to play a little, rather than sew. 


I joined the Border Creek Station 2020 Stash Buster Challenge at the beginning of the year and I've been enjoying the process. I'm using my scraps/smallish pieces of red, white, and cream fabrics to make 8" blocks (there are instructions to make three sizes). My hope is to make enough blocks to create three Quilts of Valor. I typically don't use the same pattern to make the QOVs that I award in any given year, but since the layout options are very plentiful for this block, I decided to go ahead and do it.

This is not necessarily the layout that I will use. I am just playing today. I'll update with pictures when I'm putting tops together.

Yesterday, I share a picture of my version of the Christmas Cactus Table Topper.  


I also mentioned that I made four additional blocks and was finishing up with my borders to create an 86" square quilt. I did finish that and attempted to get some pictures. Of course the wind did not want to cooperate...
 
I'm choosing to believe that the wind wanted me to visualize what the quilt will look like on our bed.  :-) 




I'm very pleased with the quilt. Now to get it quilted and bound before next Christmas.

I am continuing to make masks, work on some UFOs, sketch some new designs, and quilt the many tops that I have in my "tub of shame."

What is on your design wall today?

To help inspire you or just check out some 
Quilter's Eye Candy, go to 

and 

2 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Christmas Cactus flimsy is GORGEOUS!!

Christina said...

What a beautiful Christmas Cactus quilt! I can imagine it on a bed, and you centered everything so well, and the borders on it compliment the center really well. Keep up the great work on quilting some long time UFO (there is no such thing as a tub of shame!).