Monday, April 20, 2020

Design Wall Monday

It's been a busy time with lots of projects being worked on here. 

Saturday, I joined Tammy Silvers of Tamarinis for an online class Peaks and Valleys. I enjoyed the class, learned a lot, and got a lot accomplished. Here's the top, ready to sew into vertical rows. 


This is a small quilt, meant to be a baby quilt, but I decided that I wanted to make a Halloween-themed wall hanging. I am very happy with my choice of fabrics; and made mine a little wider than the pattern says because I know exactly where this will be hung. It needed the additional vertical row added to fit in the space perfectly. :-) 

I am sure that I will make another version of this, as I think it would be a great donation quilt. It doesn't take a lot of yardage, so I could easily use fabrics that I have on hand. (All of the fabrics for this quilt were from my stash. 😊)

I am hosting a three-week Free Spring Table Runner Sew Along for Chestnut Ridge Sewing on their Friends of Chestnut Ridge Sewing Facebook page. I've never done anything like this and I'm learning a lot. I'm even adding videos with a lot of helpful information to go along with the piecing instructions. (It's not Facebook Live, and I'm definitely not Jenny Doan, but I am having fun.) 

I'm making two version during the Sew Along (one short runner and one long); but I've already made two samples while writing the pattern. Those are on my design wall. One is partially quilted and the other is up there for me to look at and decide how I want to quilt it.  


We just started block 1 today, which is the alternate/chain block. Here are examples of the two on which I'm sewing now.


These are not great pictures. The bottom one looks like there is grey fabric next to the red, but it's actually a multi-colored dot on a light green background that I've had for a very long time. I'm happy to be using it. 

There's still time to join the fun. Just go to the Friends of Chestnut Ridge Sewing Facebook page and ask to join. The files and videos are ready and waiting for you.  :-) 

What's on your design wall today?

Check out the quilters' eye candy at


and