Sunday, August 2, 2020

August Color Challenge


It's the first, and that means that it's time for the new 
Monthly Color Challenge Block


It's Color Challenge Time again!

This month's color is Pink,

and the bird is the Flamingo

head on over to 


Flamingos symbolize beauty, balance, and grace. Since many Flamingos are pink, they are often associated with femininity and innocence. Presumably because of the stature, Flamingos also tend to represent confidence. 

The Flamingo spirit animal is beautiful in its stature and grace, able to stand on one foot effortlessly while keeping the other one tucked in to keep its body heat. Flamingo symbolism calls for you to be vibrant and outgoing, and to be well-balanced and resourceful in life. 

It is believed that Flamingos are monogamous. Once they mate, they tend to stay with that mate. A group of Flamingos will all mate at the same time so that all of the chicks will hatch at the same time. ... Flamingos live 20 to 30 years in the wild or up to 50 years in a zoo.


Flamingos are beautiful birds with an even more beautiful sound. Click HERE to see more pictures and to listen to them. 

I've made a variety of pink quilts over the years. 

This is my all-time favorite pink quilt and you can read about it HERE.


I just had to show the quilting on this. I love it and it was perfect for my friend Kare. 


I made two more special pink quilts. You can read about them HERE.

Heart Quilt - 2.5"  squares - Signature Quilt

Heart Quilt - 2.5"  strips - Signature Quilt

Sometimes, when you are making a donation quilt, you just have to use what you have on hand and when I was making these quilts, it was one of those times. The quilt in the middle (Sorry, I don't have a better picture) is a lot of pink, but I liked it when it was done. I hope the recipient did too. :-) 


To tone down the pink a little, I used teal for the little flange binding and blue for the backing. I was love how the teal just pops against all that pink.


A couple of years ago, I made some mini quilts that I framed. This was one of them and the recipient was happy with the results. Me too!


The pink that I used this month was purchased at Once Upon a Quilt in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm sure you are sick of reading about the fabric I bought there for this color challenge, but I just have to give them a shout out. It really was easy to choose the fabrics because they had just what I needed and the staff was awesome. 

The texture of this fabric is perfect to reflect the feathers of a Flamingo


Here are the strip sets, ready to sew together. 


And the blocks look great!


Check out this month's featured bloggers. 
They have all done such a nice job with their fabric choices and blocks. 


You will definitely want to check out the 3rd Quarter Sponsors. 
They have provided some awesome prizes. Thank you! 

Sponsors July thru September

Quilters Chic - PDF Pattern
For The Love of Geese - PDF Pattern
Carole Lyle Shaw - Pattern and Grunge bundle
Quilters Dream Batting - Dream 80/20 - 60" x 60"
The Fat Quarter Shop - Fabric Bundle
Warm Company - Warm 80/20 - 55" x 60"
Warm Company - 1 yard Insul-Bright
Make Modern Magazine - 6 month subscription
Patterns By JenSuperior Thread S-Fine 50
Patterns By Jen - Magic Wand

1 comment:

Denise-TN said...

Love your pink flamingos fabric and your blocks!