Monday night I finished the coffee fabric twisted 9 patch top and while Jack was holding it up for the picture below, he said I should call this Caffeine Challenged. I thought that was pretty good but a little bit later I said something about Caffeine Chaos and we had one of those "oh yeah" moments, so Caffeine Chaos it is! (We like alliteration, can you tell?) Anyway, that's done and since I know how I want to quilt it, I hope to have this puppy quilted and bound by the end of the week.
I'm at the binding stage on my guild challenge large wallhanging and I have to admit that even though I planned on working on my scrappy nickel quilt only as a leader/ender project, I got really excited and just made all of the 2 patch blocks at one time. I also took the time and paired up squares to make the 4 patch blocks. I didn't strategically match them, but I thought it might be easier if I have them together and ready to sew by the machine. Of course that's I how I got into trouble with the 2 patch blocks and now they're all done. Wouldn't it be a shame if the same thing happened with the 4 patch blocks. :-)
I'll post pictures of this project later and realize that this is the easy part. The real challenge will come when I have to sew these scrappy blocks together without planning every step of the way. I'm learning that I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to quilting, but I'm ready for this.