Monday, April 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday

I worked on 3 projects while I was at Tennessee Quilts for a workshop with Judy Niemeyer and this Amazon Star is one of them. This is just the center, but I have all the components made, so I just need to sew them together.


I am making this quilt for Jack and will give it to him for our anniversary. He doesn't usually read my blog, so I feel pretty safe in posting a picture here. Of course, that means he'll probably read this post! Anyway, I'm excited about giving this to him. The picture isn't the greatest, but the colors are green, purple, cream and off-white and this baby is big - 104" x 104". 

I plan to pull out the other two projects I worked on at the workshop (Summer Solstice and Bali Bed Runner) and hope to gt them done relatively soon. I'll keep you posted on that.

To see what other quilters are working on, go to Judy L.'s Patchwork Times. 

6 comments:

Nann said...

It's beautiful!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Nicely done and how exciting to take a class with Judy N!

Becky said...

Gorgeous! These patterns, with good work, make stunning quilts.I'm debating on Amazon Star as well - it will be taught here in June - but I need to finish up other things. Beautiful start!

~Kris~ said...

Very lovely colors. I am always in awe of both Mariner's Compass and Lone Star quilt. How beautiful to have them both in one quilt.

Pattilou said...

Very striking!

Denise-TN said...

Beautiful!!! I cannot wait to see the finished quilt.