Friday, April 20, 2012

Expectations vs. Reality

I tend to set my quilting expectations too high and I am often disappointed when I don't reach them. I need to learn to be more realistic. I just get so excited to finish projects, especially the ones I love, and I don't account for interruptions and life in general. If I just didn't have to take time to eat or sleep, I would get more done. Of course, after I spend a day volunteering with my hospice patients I tend to be pretty interspective and realize that I have a pretty darn good and easy life!

I had expectations of finishing my Summer Solstice by today, but in reality I don't think that will happen until after this weekend. I have too many other things that have to take priority. :-(

Here's what I have so far. I'm so close.....

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is just stunning! I like to finish those 'love' projects, too. But sometimes we need to step back - all things come together within a purpose.