Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Finishes!

This table runner is done and already at M & E Quilt Shoppe. It's made using the Zig Zag Table Runner by Cluck Cluck Sew.  It was quick and fun to make!


Now I didn't do this, but it's done and I love it!


My pressing station has a new covering, and it's even cleaned off. My sister Ann did the covering and if you read yesterday's post, you'll know that you couldn't tell that it had been done. But, it's all cleared off and ready for it's next pressing adventure.  :-)  Thanks, Ann!

And just because I think they're funny, I have to share a couple of things with two of my granddaughters. 

Sadie is a girly girl and she loves to dress up and play princess.


Now I know she looks cute, but that's not what I really want to share. The crown was a little too large and it kept falling down and she asked me in a very serious voice, "Grandma, what do you do to keep your crown from falling into your eyes?"


Seriously? Has she been hiding and watching me wear that crown when I thought I was alone?  hehehehe

And finally, Quinn saw some fabric and said she thought it was beautiful and wanted to audition it on the design wall. It was such a proud Grandma moment for a seven year old to ask about auditioning fabric, that I naturally said yes.


And then she started singing and Sadie joined here in front of the fabric. They were giggling and singing and having so much fun.



After about ten minutes, Quinn stopped and said, "So Grandma. What do you think?" I told them they looked like they were having fun and that I'm sure we could find something to make with that fabric. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Please don't use that fabric yet. It's a great back stop for us to practice auditioning for a singing talent show." 

Oh dear! A back stop! And they weren't auditioning the fabric at all. THEY were auditioning. And who knows what singing talent show they were talking about. 

Do you think that perhaps I have a one track mind - quilting?!?

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Ha!!! Loved the remarks. NOW I know what auditioning means!

Jill said...

Cute table runner! If only we could all wear pretty crowns all day :)