Monday, January 21, 2019

Design Wall and a Blog Hop

Gee, it really helps to schedule a blog post instead of simply save it as a draft. DUHHHHH! This should have posted early this morning, but when I wrote it, I hit save instead of schedule. Oh well....

I've been away from blogging for a couple of weeks so I can get caught up on a few things around home and get ready for upcoming classes. I've also been doing a little secret sewing and when that is happening, I can only give sneak peeks. 

This is on the wall today.

  
I fell in love with the I Heart You Quilt by Then Came June, and jumped at the change to join her Instagram quilt along.

I have all the blocks constructed and need to add the sashing and borders.


Knowing I wanted to use stash fabric for this quilt, I spent some quality time going through my tubs and stumbled upon a handful of Autumn Elegance by Jennifer Brinley for Studio e fabrics. Here's the entire collection, but I only had four of them. 


Packed nicely along these four fabrics was some Peppered Cottons that I thought would work nicely (saffron, begonia leaf, and paprika). I had no idea how I was going to use these fabrics when I bought them, but I knew that it had to be something special or fun.   

Like everyone else in the quilting world, I've been trying to cut back on my hoarding buying and use my stash; but I just had to have this fabric. I have no idea how long ago I bought this, but I'm thrilled to be using it now. 

I think I have enough fabric to add some extra borders, but I'll have to play with that later. 

I mentioned a Blog Hop earlier. Today starts the Black and White Blog Hop and I'm thrilled to be participating. 


I'll post my project Wednesday, so stay tuned for that. I'll be having a give away too. Yay!!  Here are today's bloggers. Be sure to check them out and their awesome projects.


  What are you working on today?

Check out other Quilter's Eye Candy at


and 

3 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love scheduling my posts but it doesn't always go as I intend, either. The I Heart You quilt along is so cute and clever. It's fun seeing everyone's versions of the design.

AnnieO said...

I love those heart blocks too! Very pretty fabrics.

Jennifer said...

Great heart blocks - it isn’t fun when you finally use much loved fabric, isn’t it?