Tuesday, January 1, 2019

January - 2019 Color Challenge

It's the first month of the 2019 Color Challenge



To play along, go to Jen's blog for the block pattern and instructions. 
You won't be disappointed!

January - Belles of Ireland - Green



We usually don't have much green here in Ohio during January, so it's nice to play with green fabric and dream about the beautiful grass and trees that are buried under snow and ice.

Here are my fabrics - a solid light green from my stash and a fat quarter of green Starlet from Blank Quilting. (I plan to use fat quarters from the Starlet line for each month.) 






I love to see all the units of a block sewn together and ready to be laid out and sewn together to create a finished block. It motivates me to sew. :-) 




The completed block! I love how the Starlet fabric sparkles. 


I decided that since this is a challenge, I'd create another challenge for myself. Each month, I'll sew the original block, but I'll use the same fabrics and create a second block that has the opposite or different fabric placement. 


It never ceases to amaze me how different a block or quilt looks when you change the fabric. 


Check out these other bloggers who made blocks this month and be sure to come back to see what we create next month! 






6 comments:

~Melody from TwoMakerChicks.com said...

Love the way your blocks turned out. It is amazing how something as simple as fabric placement changes the entire look of the block. Nicely done!

DawnyK said...

Oh, that's so fun doing the opposite color placement. How cool!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Great blocks. I like how you did the opposite colour.

Hannah said...

Love seeing the different color placement. I am not sure which is my favorite!

Kathy said...

Love your blocks. I love that you did different placements.

Sarah @ The Quilted Diary said...

Very pretty! I like the inverted placement. I didn't know you were a fellow Ohioan :)