Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pie

Jack and I made a rhubarb pie today. Yes, we did it together. We don't make all kinds of pie together, just rhubarb. I make the pie crust and Jack makes the filling; but I'm beginnng to think we should make a change to that arrangement.

I don't make pies nearly as often as I used to because neither one of us should be eaing it very much. Maybe I've gotten out of the habit and that's the problem. I don't know, but I don't think I can make a good looking pie anymore.


The entire time I was making this pie crust, it never felt quite right. It felt too wet; and even though I added extra flour and it felt better, it was sticky and kind of fell apart when transferring it to the pie pan. Jack says it tastes good; but darn it I want it to look good too.

I think that I've lost my pie crust making mojo.  :-(


2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Do you use lard? I was taught to use good old fashioned lard to get a good looking/good tasting crust.
And it was made in an old crockery type bowl - something about glass (and NO metal).

Cindy Sharp said...

Looks good to me....frankly if it tastes good, I don't really care what it looks like.