Sunday, May 13, 2012

Stash Report

Not a whole lot of quilting has been happening around here lately. Quinn and Sadie stayed with us for a couple of days after Nikki, Zach and Ronan left and that was a lot of fun. While Sadie napped one afternoon, Quinn and I made some small pillows. Check out this post to see some pictures. She loves the pillows, as does Sadie, who uses hers in the car.

The girls spent a couple of days at Lynn and Ty's house after they left here and I know they had a great time! They sure do love their Aunt Lynn and Uncle Ty.

After the girls left, Jack's grandson Ian came to spend a few days and it was really nice to see him. Unfortunately he ended up with strep throat and didn't feel so hot the last few days. We're keeping our fingers crossed that he didn't share the infection, but we'll see.

Last night we went to watch Jack's granddaughter Hannah perform in her school musical All Shook Up. It was a really good show and Hannah was awesome. I'm amazed at the talent that she and her schoolmates have.

Back to the stash report.....

I did get the borders added to the Carolina Crossroads quilt. I was a bit hesitant about these borders and introducing the floral fabric in the border, but Nikki really likes it and since it's going to be her quilt and she was certain that she'd like it, I did it.


I like the result and will like it even more when it's quilted and the binding is added because that will be one of the teal/green fabrics in the body of the quilt. Or maybe not....After looking at this a bit more, maybe I will try the dark brown again. I guess I'll just wait until it's quilted and decide.
 

I made a small purse Friday night (haven't taken a picture yet) and had a couple of embroidery orders, and that was all the time I spent in the sewing room.

I know I said it before, but really, here's the report:
Fabric Added This Week: 0.00 yards
Fabric Added to Date: 150.25 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 2.50 yards
Fabric Used to Date: 177.625 yards
Net Fabric Used for 2012: 27.375 yard

UFOs Done, Done, Done (Pieced, Quilted, and Bound): 9
UFOs Still to Do: ??? (I really should make a list, but that would only upset me!)
New Quilts Done, Done, Done (Pieced, Quilted, and Bound): 12
Quilts Ready to be Quilted and Bound: 13
Quilts Quilted and Ready to be Bound: 0

Check out what other quilters are doing with their stash by going to Judy L's
Patchwork Times. 

No comments: