Monday, April 3, 2017

Design Wall Monday

I had the flu most of the weekend, so I didn't get much sewing done at all. I did sew a little on my Stars Over Texas quilt yesterday and got five diagonal rows sewn totally together and the sixth one sewn, but it's not attached to the first five. I also laid out a few more rows (sloppily!) so I could check out how the fabrics will look next to each other.


I'm really looking forward to getting this top done so I can take it outside to get a good picture. This photo does it NO justice!

As you can see, I roughly laid out the four big stars across the bottom, and then I pinned the set of triangles for the other stars close to where they will be placed. This allows me to make changes if I desire. So far, I'm ok with the fabric choices and think the others will be ok too.

I seriously doubt that I will work on this for at least two or maybe even three days. I have to play catch up from the weekend. :-)

On another note...Over the past month or so, I've been showing snippets of patriotic fabric that I used in a couple of projects. The quilts are done and submitted to the Blank Fabric American Honor Quilt Challenge, so I can show them now.

The rules were pretty straight forward. Make something using the American Honor fabric line by Tana Mueller for Blank Fabric and submit photos by March 31st.

Voting for the winner of the popular web favorite is taking place now, until April 15th. You can vote HERE.

Here are my three submissions:

In Your Debt - 66" x 75"


Heart and Soul - 82" x 82"


Freedom Rings - 37" x 37"


There are some really wonderful projects to see, so take a few minutes and check them out. While you're there, why note vote?

What are you working on today?


and


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a nice batch of quilts. I particularly like the last one.